Saturday, 11 July 2009

Europe 2009, Part 2: England, Scotland, Wales


From the 6th to the 13th, we were in the UK.

Hanging out with the locals ... in my cousin's room.
So far, I've been to Chester, on the border of Wales; Edinburgh in Scotland; strawberry/raspberry/taeberry picking, woken by church bells at five in the morning; and generally causing mayhem with Beelzenef.



Here is Beelzenef and Tom, and Benji, who are my Uncle's pets.


Beelzenef and my cousin terrifying her boyfriend.


Strawberries!

Berry picking usually results in red fingers... But Beelzenef wanted to try some too.



Let's play 'Spot Beelzenef'!

Wales:
I wasn't exactly in Wales per se, but it was close enough. I've been in Wales before anyhow. This is Chester, an old Roman town.


Beelzenef attempting to access a secret hatch in a ceiling


Caught!

Scotland:

This was a fun place... a bit expensive, and containing the strangeness that most major cities do, but nice. I got a tam o'shanter and tried haggis, which was actually quite tasty. (Check this recipe if you feel brave: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/haggis_66072).

Beelzenef is quite at home...


It's hard to find a real Scotsman in Edinburgh:


Beelzenef, awesome in Celtic sunnies:


Here's Toby, my cousin's dog, wearing the Loch Ness hat she brought back from Scotland...


And the family:

At a pretty pretty park:


Next post: on to Belgium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...