Thursday, 6 June 2013

Red and Black Week Day 4: Cuddly friends



For today's photo, I gathered some of the red and black cuddlies around my room and gathered them on my red and black and white bedspread:


The character on the right is some sort of exasperated demon. He used to have a string with a suction cup attached to it, to hang him from a window, but in my experience, those things are useless so I cut it off.

The red beanie baby was something I picked up second hand (but that is my star sign). At some point, I gutted her, turned her into a bag and sewed that bow with a tiny orange jack-o-lantern to her ear. I had actually forgotten she was a bag until I took this photo - looking inside, I found my sour peach lip balm and my black lipstick, two of my favourite things, which I had given up as lost forever
ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ

The remaining two are very interesting things known as GIANTmicrobes. The premise of these is great - make microbes into cute cuddly things and stick a tag on them filled with information, so people learn all about them!

I have about seven of these. The ones here are Mad Cow disease (the spotty long one) which each apparently have a unique pattern, and HIV (black with a red ribbon). I also have the common cold, a red blood cell and a white blood cell, influenza, and herpes.

(Another thing I love about them is that they can change an ordinary statement about toys into something a bit awkward... - "I've got chlamydia!" "Do you now....")

PS: The Sophistique Noir Red & Black Week runs every year. Join in at any point during the week!

6 comments:

  1. lol i love the microbes! I have the louse and a "stomach ache" bacteria. We bought ebola for our nephew and it's still his favorite toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the giant microbes. I've been wanting some for years! And your bear bag is very cute. :) Isn't it nice to find things you thought were lost? (Though not quite as nice as not losing them in the first place...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Exasperated demon" - that's classic. It would be a great name for a black metal band. :D

    I've seen those plushie microbes in catalogs. Too cute! (I just accidentally typed "Too cure" which is strangely appropriate when talking about microbes...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be onto something Ms Kitty :)
      I expect if you called the band 'exasperated demon' but in a language like Swedish or Japanese it would sound very legitimate ;)

      Delete
  4. Awww, I love the microbe plushie! I've seen them online before, and have always had to force myself to not buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't resist them :3 There's a chickenpox microbe in my campus bookshop that has my name on it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...