Monday, 3 June 2013

Red and Black Week (or Looking Back) Day 2: Stripey Armwarmers


So here is the photo for Day 2:



Hm.

I vaguely remember that this night involved pizza. We were just running around in the dark like the just-freed-from-high-school delinquents we were.

I'm wearing a magic comb embellished with shiny red beads. At this stage, I had been so traumatised by the short haircut I had received a year earlier that I was growing it out again in the mistaken belief that I looked better with long hair. Now I have a wonderful short haircut which I trim myself.

The grey shirt, if I remember right, was bought in Hong Kong 香港 and had a velvet poodle stuck to it, embellished with those shiny diamante things which fall off with every wash. I always wished it was a velvet cat...

I'm also wearing that red tartan skirt from the Day 1 photo - you can see it much more clearly here. My black, red and white stripey armwarmers were once knee-high socks, but I recognised early on that I look better in thigh highs than knee highs.

My boots, unfortunately, are brown, and although I loved the design, I would have much preferred black. My mother, in her wisdom, and holding the purse strings, refused to buy me boots unless they were NOT BLACK so I had to give in. (It's okay, I now have a pair of black boots. Several.)

The bag was from Kipling, and featured their ubiquitous monkey/gorilla keyring in bright red. Of course, one day my mother decided backpack-type bags were too childish and encouraged me to get rid of it somehow (I donated it). Regretted that move - it was a good bag.

PS: The Sophistique Noir Red & Black Week runs every year. Join in at any point during the week!

2 comments:

  1. lol those kipling bags last forever. I still have one (it actually looks similar to yours, except army green. I've had it for over 15 years and it's still holding up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love those magic combs! I have a couple but have a hard time figuring out how to style them. Thank you for reminding me about them! Love the arm warmers, too. Making them from socks is a great, inexpensive DIY project!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...