Saturday, 7 September 2013

Pastel goth outfit

This is part of a project on dark style subcategories. For the full list, click here.

What
Pastel goth is a subcategory which mixes goth with kawaii/cuteness (in my humble opinion). Black accents and makeup with pastel coloured clothing, spooky but cute accessories, inverted crosses - these things are indicators of pastel goth.

Examples
Source

My turn!

Excuse the bat. I prefer to show my face as little as possible on this blog.
 Time for a change of scenery. Here I am, sitting on my bed.

Refuge Clothing sweater | no-name slashed leggings | No Mark platform sneakers | no-name collar

*Hm. Shirt is wrinkled*

So as you can probably tell, I'm not really one to go for brand names. Much of my clothing is second hand or bought quite cheaply.

Pastel goths usually go for pastel purple or pink (just type 'pastel goth' into Google image search and you'll see what I mean. Just to be different, though (since I'm so alternative) I'm going with a pastel yellow.



I have to admit, I have a bit of a soft spot for pastel goth. A lot of purist goths see pastel goth as an abomination, something which is simply dragging the good name of goth through the mainstream mud... but sometimes, I feel like wearing pastels. Simple. Especially after spending hours trawling through the back archives of Cupcake's Clothes.

Surely others feel this way too?

PS: If you like my posts, it's easy to follow this blog. Just click on 'Join This Site' or the Google+ button in the right hand side bar.

3 comments:

  1. I love your sweater! ^^
    I actually like the visual side of pastel goth. Some girls actually look good but I would never wear it myself since pastels look horrible on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I know what you mean. I often feel like a little girl when I wear any colours other than neutrals, black or red. Luckily, there are girls (and guys :P) that pastels suit, so they can be eye candy for the rest of us :D

      Delete
  2. Cute sweated! ^^

    Yeah, I feel the same way.
    Strong and vivid colors don't look good on me either, but sometimes it feels great to wear pastels, it's not abominable at all...:P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...