Monday, 2 September 2013

Sophistique Noir's monthly theme: Special occasions



So this month's theme from Ms Kitty is 'Special Occasions'. This... is a really hard theme. Hard to narrow down to a single outfit. But I succeeded.


Presenting... my formal (aka prom) outfit:


I'm sorry, it's pretty tiny, but its one of the only really good full body shots of me.

You can have my blurry back, if you like:


I would have just turned 18 then. :) That pale thing poking out from behind my head is a gauzy lily. I still have it.

The formal was a big thing for me. I didn't attend the Year 10 formal, or the Year 11 semi-formal (would you?) It was a very turbulent night, 180 teenagers with all kinds of airy-fairy notions on the last night they would all ever be together...

But there was good dancing.
See, happy!
This is definitely a special outfit for me. I felt especially *pretty*  and it's a nice dress, which I've unfortunately never had the luck of wearing again, but I still have it, just in case.

PS: I'm on Google+! Follow me there or on this blog :3

8 comments:

  1. You looked goegeous, as far as I can see it on the pictures, your dress was stunning and I love the lily in your hair. ^^

    My promdress was terrible...I spotted a dress at an expensive butique, I even tried it on, but girl, it was thievery...so we decided to ask a seamstress to reproduce it; I took a photo, made sketches, it was really important to me, butin the end, the dress she made looked nothing like that expensive one...:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D: What a time for it to happen, just when you're looking forward to being all dressed up... Luckily for me, this dress was relatively cheap (although more expensive than any clothing I've ever owned!). Unfortunately, so much is down to luck.
      Maybe one day you'll be able to find a dress just like it on sale somewhere :3

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! You pull off a halter neck nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      Unfortunately, halter necks hurt my neck, so I don't wear them often... :/

      Delete
  3. I love the layers of the dress. I never went to prom and I always regretted it. It's funny how much more fondly I think of High School now that I haven't been in it for nearly a decade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's often the case, isn't it? Unless you had a really awful time, you forget the bad things and remember the good. ^_^

      Delete
  4. Your dress looks like the details were simply gorgeous! It sounds like a fun evening, and you looked amazing. Someday maybe you can wear the dress again just for a nice dinner. Mr. Kitty and I tend to dress up even if those around us are not. We get a lot of positive attentions and I always hope that leads to others feeling liberated to dress up, despite the current stigma against dressing fancy these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I'll have to convince my boyfriend to don his waistcoat and head out for dinner when he gets back from his travels :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...