Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Obligatory Halloween post † cheap Halloween items, silly outfit

Okay, so it's been a little quiet around here. I had my wisdom teeth out. It hurt. It still hurts. Moving on.

So a few days before I got my teeth out, I was in the city, deep in the bowels of an amazing bargain shop full of Halloween stuff. I was there for work, of sorts, so I didn't really have time to take photos, but I did find som images online of some of the products.


Of course, lots of cheap plasticky things. I briefly considered getting some things for デコデン decoden but I'm on a budget and I have too much stuff, so I passed.


More cheap stuff... but I'm kind of tempted. There's something atmospheric about spiderwebs.


The hats were really fun :3 and the masks (you can't really see them very well here) were great too.

Here's me in one of the masks. Along with black wings and a feather boa. Don't ask.
It was certainly better stocked than any other bargain shop I had seen. Places like Top Dollar, Hot Dollar and Red Dollar (which I think are essentially the same shop with a different type of dollar...) are not so good, although things are picking up as Halloween approaches.

Another place doing well is Daiso, the great $2.80 Japanese variety store which has very quickly infiltrated Sydney. I'll probably check them out at some point, but for now, all I have to go on is their online catalogue.

And as a final note, my camera has returned to me :) I can start taking photos again.

PS. Remember to follow this blog to stay updated!

1 comment:

  1. Everybody needs a pir of black wings a feather boa! I would have fallen for the tiny witch hat too... ;)

    A couple of years ago, when I used to celebrate Halloween with my best friend and some other in his attic, we always stacked up bags of that fake spider web, but I can"t fund it anywhere anymore...I hpe I'll find some this year, because although I won't be going to a Halloween party - gotta hate this place... -, it would be great for photoshoots...:))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...