Friday, 18 October 2013

Why don't mori girls macrame?

 No seriously, why don't they?

Macrame is a craft which involves using many different types of knots to make a wall hanging. Popular subjects include owls-


Plant hangers -


And bags-


Macrame was particularly popular during the hippie era, for its natural quality. Wall hangings, like the owls, utilised sticks gathered from forests or countryside.

Surely this caters to the mori girl aesthetic (the owls would work well with dark mori girl). Yet I haven't seen this catch on. Perhaps it is too difficult or time consuming... Yet it was popular for a while, years ago.

I think I'd like to see a revival, particularly with the owls. :)

Are there any other crafts/activities that you have always felt a particular 'style tribe' should be engaged with, but aren't?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I would love to make one of those plant hangers! And I agree so much. There must be some Mori girls that partake in it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...