Saturday, 23 November 2013

Alternative fitness ideas † Bat Fit, Zombies, Run!, How to survive a horror movie

My fitness fluctuates. In very busy periods, particularly when I'm stressed, I really don't want to exercise. Whilst I am happy with my weight, I am not so content with my fitness. So I'm always looking for ways to get myself out of my dark mood and into a different kind of dark mood: goth-flavoured workouts.



I have heard of The Professor's 'Bat Fit Challenge' before, but not really considered it much. I'm really into physical exercise like running and dancing, and as far as I can tell, Bat Fit is very much about keeping an eye on what you eat and gentler exercise like walking or yoga. Is there anyone doing Bat Fit who can provide more details?


A site I really like is Nerd Fitness. It's a really fun website which uses analogies from pop culture (like How to Build a Batcave for Habit Change). Recently, a workout was posted there called How to Survive If You Find Yourself Stuck in a Horror Film. It's written in the manner of a 'survival guide' and is a really fun way of making sure you're exercising right.

Source

Something else I like to use is the Zombies, Run! Basically its an app which monitors how far and how fast you run, whilst encouraging you to do so by convincing you you're chased by zombies. I have a version called Zombies, Run 5k, which trains you to do a 5km run by the end of 7 weeks. Connect it to your GPS, and follow audio prompts. It's something like an RPG - you are air-dropped near a town called Abel, which is surrounded by zombie swarms. You have to pick up items and get to safety. Communicators from the town guide you, telling you to walk or run for certain periods of time.

Does anyone have other 'gothic' ways they like to get fit? Chasing cats? Lifting pumpkins?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...