Thursday, 12 December 2013

Things I want to make † bloomers, scarves, skirts

I love to DIY and craft, but I have rarely had the time... UNTIL NOW

Now that I have finished university, I'm turning my attention to a bunch of projects I have started but not finished, as well as some projects I've wanted to start, but never got around to.

Skirts
I'm in the process of making a rainbow patchwork skirt. I've unfortunately cut all the squares too small, so I have to come up with some way of bulking it up, or I'll have to cut a tonne more squares :/ I'm also in the process of turning a pair of jeans into a maxi skirt, and the result is... unusual...

Scarves
I have wanted a ridiculously long black and white striped scarf since forever. And I've been knitting one since forever too...

Something like this? Source
I'm also in the process of making one of these:
I'm up to yellow. Source
But holy hell, I have so many wants.
Source
Guitar/Uke straps
Similar to scarves, I'd love to crochet/knit some guitar or uke straps. And my designs for those? Longcat, Tacgnol or Speedycat.

Bloomers
I'm kind of interested in making bloomers, but I'm not sure if I'd wear them. They're cute, but I'd probably only use them as pyjamas or under skirts, and I feel that would be a waste.

Bags
I have a plush owl which I have disemboweled a la Kazlovesbats, but not gone much further (although I think I've sewn a lining into it...)
I also want to have a go at making one of these owl bags:
Source
I've seen them being sold in the local shopping centre. They look pretty easy to make... once you know what the hell you're doing.

I'd like a clutch as well. I've seen some black clutches in the second-hand shops, but they all have gold detailing, and I'm more of a silver girl.

I also want to make some collage clutches (they're so easy). And Cut Out and Keep has a ridiculous number of tutorials for amazing bags.

I mean, look at this. Source
I could probably keep going, but I think I'll stop there (otherwise I'll never be finished). Anybody else have projects for the holidays?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...