Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Goth fitness ideas 2 † Running Scared

Well kits, you may remember a few months I posted up some of my ideas for keeping fit the goth way. It has since come to my attention that the most amazing thing has hit the east coast of Australia (but there's stuff for all you out-of-towners in this post too, so read on).


Running Scared is a 8km obstacle course in the dark of the Blue Mountains (in Sydney. There will also be a night in Melbourne too). As the website says:

"Running Scared is an 8km obstacle and theatrical experience that will test not only your physical ability but your bravery as you come face to face with creatures that lurk in the dark. You will take on horror/thriller themed FEAR invoking obstacles in this exciting and fun night obstacle race. That’s right – we start when the sun goes down. We have left the mud, electrocution and body dragging challenges to the others (actually there might just be some body dragging!). Our aim is to scare the sh*t out of you!"

It sounds amazing. I've put down my interest to be a volunteer, so maybe I'll have a chance to dress up as a zombie and scare hell out of people :D

Interestingly, the organisers have helpfully provided a training guide to get you fit enough for the event. So even if you can't get there, you can still download the program to get yourself up to the equivalent fitness level. This looks like incredible fun!

Would you take part in something like this? What would it take to get you pushing up your fitness levels?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like the most awesome and horrid idea ever! I would love to try it and I think I would be scared shitless since I'm not only afraid of the dark but the unknown as well, but that's the point of it, isn't it? Awesome, just awesome

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...