Thursday, 27 February 2014

Liebster Award † Gothing around, about me, body mods and food



I've been tagged by Sary from The Walrus Room. I've been following her blog for a while and was happy to see she's passed this tag onto me.

Given questions

1. Who is your biggest character crush from any television show, film or book and why?

I've thought about this a few times, because I regularly hear people say 'OMG, isn't X so gorgeous' and I'm always like... '?' I have always found it difficult to look at an actor and think they are attractive because 1 - I am attracted to personality, not looks and 2 - they're acting a role, i.e. That's not their real personality. how can I find them attractive? 

However, if the question said 'game' I would immediately leap for Godot/Diego Armando from Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright. That guy has the smoothest jazz track as his theme song, he's very attractive and has a really cool (in the laid back and confident sense) personality. And he's a snappy dresser.
I mean, look at that face. Source.

However, since the question said nothing of a sort... I'm going to cop out and say Brandon Lee as The Crow. Eurasian guy with long hair, fishnet and eyeliner... \^0^\


Source.

2. Talk us through your everyday hair routine. Are you a curler, straightener or hairstyle kind of person.

I have very short hair. I regularly grab a pair of thinning shears and merrily chop at the back to keep it short and ragged. Usually my hair is a bit puffy at the front in the mornings, so I have a quick shower, scrub it with a towel and I'm off on adventures. So basically I do jack all to my hair.

3. If you were any subset of Goth style, what would you be and why?

I'm not entirely sure what this question is asking. Is it 'if I were the embodiment of a goth style'? Or 'if I could associate myself with any goth style'? I'll answer both.

For the first one, I would be Undercover Goth. No, I kid. I would be Street Goth. I see that as a style which aims to remain practical whilst aesthetically pleasing. A style you could go out to a pub with friends in, but still be able to kick the asshole in the face that is trying to hit on you even though you clearly came in with someone...

For the second, I would love to be trad goth. Big hair, fishnets, ripped clothing, band patches, the whole lot :D However, if such a thing exists, I would want to be punk goth (maybe in my research for my encyclopaedia I will find out!), because...

4. Continue the above question, within that style, what would be your holy grail outfit?

... This is my Holy Grail outfit.

Source.

Dame Westwood, I love your tartan.

5. Who is your top three favourite YouTubers?

My top three goth Youtubers would be Kazlovesbats, Kill Natalie and The Gothic Alice. I love their fashion sense and DIY projects.

Generally speaking though, Andrew Huang makes me laugh and stuns me with his ability to make music out of weird things and Princess Peachie is a cute Lolita who makes me smile.

6. If you were to try and sell your all-time favourite beauty product, in three sentences what would you say?

It smells like strawberries. It's useful. It's relatively cheap. (Those are the three things I look for in a product: does it smell like fruit, is it useful, is it cheap?)

7. Can you name something that you enjoy eating, a meal or anything, that is actually vegan?

I make a really good vegan cottage pie from a recipe I found in an eco-fashion magazine called Peppermint. No meat or dairy products, just legumes and vegetables. People tend not to notice it has no meat in it :)

8. Your job is to write the most Gothiest (I can't believe I just wrote that as a word) novel possible, what would you title it and what would the blurb say?

If this is intended to be an out-and-out parody of Gawfickness, I would call the story something like Blood and Shadows and the blurb would say: Ophelia drowned yesterday. And yet she still comes to school and nobody seems to think anything of it. Why is Cyril the only one that noticed? What strange destiny links these two young people together, two people who are both more than they seem?

Dun dun DUUUUUNNNNN

9. Name one thing that you wanted all through your childhood that your parent(s)/guardian(s) would never have let you get, even if you don't want it now?

Hm, tough. I have a habit of immediately suppressing desires if it does not appear likely that they will be fulfilled (which is probably a bad thing, but we'll put that to one side for now). Let's see... 

Probably a game console. I do have a PS2, finally, but I only received it in my first year of university.

10. If you had to get one body modification of your choice (piercings, scarification, tongue splitting, implants, tattoos, etc) what would you get?

I have been dancing around the idea of getting a tattoo for a while. However, I don't really have the money for one, and I haven't worked out where I would like to put it. 

Specifically, I want a small hummingbird, front on, in upwards flight. I'd like it to look like it has been drawn with henna.

***
Now my questions HA HA HAAAAA!
1. Who would you love to see in concert? (Even if they are dead now, who would you go back in time for?).
2. Where is one place in the world you would love to see/travel to ?
3. What is your favourite colour (other than black)? :)
4. What are your obsessions? What gets you out of bed in the morning and keeps you up until late at night?
5. What would be your ideal pet?
6. What tips do you have for newbie bloggers? Aka, what do you think makes your blog successful?
7. Favourite song?
8. Person/thing/being you always wished you could be. A mermaid? Siouxsie Sioux? Susan Sto-Helit?
9. Is goth a really big part of your lifestyle? Do you eat, sleep and breathe goth, or occasionally lounge around with fluffy bunny slippers? (Or both) ;)
10. The person you are most proud of :3

And I tag....
1. 1666 X 30 from The Mutant Stomp Friends
2. Lynoire from Milking the Rolling Cow
3. Underground for Tea Gothic
4. Twigs from Goth Proxy
5. Hexotica

As for instructions, as far as I can tell, you have to copy the questions I've given you, answer them, make ten of your own questions and tag five people. If you're busy (as I know many of you are) you don't have to answer immediately. Go forth! Link your answer to this post! :D

10 comments:

  1. I just love your answers - I started laughing at number 6 'cause it's so true for me too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, you can answer question without having been tagged as well :)

      Delete
  2. I totally LOLed at your gothic novel. Ophelia....OF COURSE!!! and I hear you about the game consoles. I only had three growing up... a NES, a PS1, and a PS2. That's not bad...but I only had about 4-5 games for each...till I got a job of course. My mom didn't want to buy me any more because she was worried I'd do nothing else. And she was right! Thanks for tagging me! I'll do this when I return home next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still only have 5 games XD

      Delete
    2. http://themutantstompfriends.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

      finally did it!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for answering my questions! I read this yesterday but never commented (I remember I had something to say, but I don't remember it now!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about personality of the character, I am generally more drawn to characters than actors, after all, how can you know what they are like in real life? But if I like an actor as several characters, I generally start liking the actor too! I don't tend to get all 'stalkery' over the actors though, just the characters. :P

    That girl in Vivienne Westwood looks amazing, but DAMN my cheek hurts just looking at her!

    Wow, I love your tattoo idea, you really know what it want and it sounds lovely!

    Yeah Susan Sto-Helit is pretty awesome! I kinda want to be Adorabelle Dearheart though! I love her hair and lipstick and velvet coat and the fact she can walk in heels which I can't do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for nominating me, I've shared the post with my answeres while I'm babysitting Itachi and playing some fun LoL tournament in my saturday slacks...so no, I'm not too busy. :D
    Here it is (: http://milkingtherollingcow.blogspot.hu/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good :) I was a bit worried things would still be stressful for you. ^_^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...