Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Concert † Kyary Pamyu Pamyu

On Sunday, I went to see きゃりーぱみゅぱみゅ Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (KPP) in concert at the UNSW Roundhouse.

KPP in her first outfit. Source.

KPP is a popular Japanese pop singer. She is a particular favourite with lolitas, although there were also plenty of kigurumin and ravers at the gig as well.

I'd never really listened to her music before, but I found it fun - the music is good to dance to and she was very adept at engaging the crowd. Her music videos are always a head trip.

Gothic themed video :D Her hairstyle is amazing.

I've been a bit busy recently, so I wasn't able to organise an outfit better than my bat kigurumi (all my false nails kept falling off T_T), but some of the outfits I saw there were very impressive, like a lolita in a pudding outfit, complete with 'chocolate dripped' shoes and a small pudding headdress. (I have since found out that this is Alanah May of MilkyFawn).

From KPP FB page.
All my photos are pretty rotten quality (again). KPP and her dancers simply look like blazing white silhouettes on the stage.



Highlights of the day: purikura (I have an obsession. Help me), putting eyeliner on one of my male friends and discovering how beautiful he looks wearing it and getting our photo taken with KPP. She turned her back to the audience and got a photographer to stand at the back of the stage and take a photo of her standing in front of everyone. There was a stampede as the crowd moved closer to be in the picture.

This is what my nails were supposed to look like. (They
have bats and a graveyard scene on them.)

Other roundups:

2 comments:

  1. I think Bodyline sells a hair piece that's supposed to look like her bat one in Fashion Monster. It's pretty cheap if you wanna check it out.

    I'm super jealous you got to see Kyary live - I'm sure the concert was positively energetic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! Although a bit odd to see some middle-aged men around. Slightly creepy. But hey, maybe they just like her music? :/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...