Friday, 7 March 2014

Concert † NIN + QotSA

EDIT: PHOTOS! SOME OF MY AWFUL PHONE PHOTOS LOOK MILDLY OKAY!

On Thursday night I hit the Sydney Entertainment Centre to watch a double bill of Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age. I wasn't able to get any decent photos, unfortunately, so we'll just have to make do with Google Image search or Youtube videos...

Check out the arena. Not a sell out, but whatever.
 And I also failed to take a picture of my outfit... Black collared shirt and ripped red skinny jeans.



NIN performed first, searing my retinas with a ridiculously dramatic light display. We all bobbed happily along to the angsty music (I was really stoked to see a couple of turbans in the mosh pit!). They finished up with Hurt, which seemed to have everyone singing along.


QotSA took the stage next with an act I can only describe as Horror Americana, you know, like Fallout or Welcome to Nightvale.

12 seconds to go...

Red everything, weird-ass pictures (some of them looked like they had come out of Slender). It seemed like most of the attendees had turned out for them, but I started losing interest towards the end of the concert.



Although I say that, I did enjoy the concert. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I were in the mosh pit (although not where a bunch of idiots high on preposterone had made a circle pit). It just gets a bit boring sitting around watching some (fairly small) figures prancing about on stage and being deafened.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were a Sydneysider. Quite a few of my friends went to that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, been in Sydney most of my life. Maybe I saw some of your friends - I was admiring outfits during the intermission :D

      Delete
  2. too bad you didn't get to be up close. This is why I hate big arena shows. and even if you wanted to dance there's like seats everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People were still dancing everywhere anyway :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...