Sunday, 27 April 2014

Fashion subcultures I would love to see...

After a comment by Lynoire on my Bittersweet Lolita post, I started thinking about crazy substyles which would be very interesting to witness.

Psychobilly lolita
This is the combination that set me off. According to Lynoire, one of the images in my Bittersweet Lolita post seemed like 'psychobilly lolita'. Electric colours and slightly creepy motifs with a lolita 'cupcake silhouette', anyone? What about bouffants and quiffs?

Source.
Source.



















+

Raver lolita
On a similar vein, how would a lolita with neon dreads and furry legwarmers look?

Gothic poppare
More black than a panda poppare, but still retaining 'mod'ish qualities with some gothic symbolism thrown in.

Hime goth
The gothic princess look has been done before, but has it been done gyaru style? Hime goth would probably involve gigantic beehive hair, bows, lace and ribbons in cute designs, with a black colour palette and lots of skulls and crosses.

Source.
Source.
+

What kind of weird hybrids would you like to see? Or just generally new style tribes? Tell me in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Cool ideas! Two years ago I was wearing something between casual lolita and cyber punk, but I think it was terrible. I always wanted to do something like hippie lolita, big coloured skirt, dreads with some bow in, messy dress :D
    But I really like when someone combinates mori an lolita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mori Lolita, now there's a thing...

      Delete
  2. Hahha, I'm glad, that my comment was so inspiring, these ideas are pretty awesome, however I thought Him goth - or something, that looks like what you described as hime goth - already exists. I mean, it's such a charming idea...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually seen a fair amount of raver and cyber Lolita. I think it's an adorable combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you got any good pics? Google images is not very helpful.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...