|Kuro v Gothic, using the same dress. Source.|
Gothic Lolita and Kuro Lolita are easily mixed up, due to the predominance of black in both. The differences are:
- Kuro 黑 (black) Lolita is always, always black and nothing else. Gothic lolita may wear all sorts of other colours.
- Gothic Lolita will wear 'spooky' or ... well, 'gothic' accessories. Skulls, crosses, cobwebs, etc.
- Gothic Lolita tend to wear heavy eye makeup.
- Gothic lolita tend to have more details and general 'decadence' about their outfit
- Gothic lolita tend to keep their hair long, plain and straight
- There is also a tendency for Kuro Lolis to look cuter and sweeter
Simply put, Kuro Lolita is a typical lolita style, but all in black.