Thursday, 1 January 2015

2014 Round up and 2015 Plans

Hey kittens! It's been a while since I posted so please take my apologies. Things were very busy for a while and I've been recovering. Although I think my recovery has gone on long enough, so time to blog again!

I'm going to start with a little review of the blog this year. 2014 was an interesting year. I finally got into my stride as a blogger (after what, 9 years?) with the Encyclopaedia of Alternative Fashion.

My most viewed post this year was, interestingly, my Encyclopaedia entry on Human Dolls. My favourite post to write, however, was this one on Qi Lolita.

So pretty...

This year, I also decided to merge the two blogs I had. The first, Writings for the World, had been around for YEARS and not very well maintained. It contain media releases from organisations I've worked for, articles I've written and all manner of environment/human rights/social justice/etc. stuff.

The second, Where Foxes Say Goodnight, was much younger but better maintained. I finally decided to merge the two to try and keep everything in one space, reducing my workload. However, it may have led to some confusion: I changed my blogging name from Libby Fox to my real name 'Fran' plus 'Cat' to match with the 'new' blog title, NekoRoji. I say 'new' because NekoRoji was the original name of my first blog.

In my personal life, I've begun working towards a more minimalist approach to life. For a long time I really loved the cluttered 'I live in a shop' look which is so commonly aspired to. I love watching people's room tour videos and things on youtube, but it occurred to me that I don't have much space, and also a lot of things which I really didn't need. Combine that with my intention to move out of home next year, I wanted to off-load a lot of my belongings.

I like this room tour, for example.

I did that with some help from friends who wanted some of my stuff, plus I sold some items and donated tonnes (I still have some more things to haul over to the second-hand store). Watching PinkSoFoxy and Love Raw Vegan also helped a lot. They were very inspiring and I feel a lot lighter now, although I still have some way to go.


My soundtrack this year has been lots of Nick Cave, a bit of Andrew Huang and Triple J radio every morning to work.



So what does 2015 have in store? Well, I am definitely keen on getting back into writing about alternative subcultures. I have a few lined up already which need a little tweaking before they're ready to see the world.

I also want to (again, I'm so very sorry) modify this blog. I can never be fully satisfied with it for some reason, and I don't like how it looks right now. Argh. (Edit: Of course, as soon as I finished this post, I fiddled about with the look of the blog again. I'm actually really happy now :D Let's see how long this lasts).

Personally, I would like to get fitter and more satisfied with my life. Whilst I am quite comfortable with how I am now (I like my weight, I have a job, a wonderful partner and good results in my Masters degree, to name a few things), I follow Bruce Lee's advice:

Source.

So I'm taking up aikido this month (something I've wanted to do for a while). I may join in with The Professor's Bat Fit 2015, and I'll probably do another post on my specific goals later.

I'm also buckling down to learn a new skill every three months. For this three months, it's riding a skateboard  ^_^;
It's so pretty, right?

After the three month is over, no matter how good or bad I am at that thing I was learning, I'll move on to the next thing. I figure if I like something, I'll keep going with it, but I won't jeopardise my next skill.

I'll also keep going with divesting myself of belongings. I'm going to use up things that can be used up that I don't need to replace (like all those moisturisers that people keep giving me =_=). If I do get anything, I want to try and get environmentally friendly, ethical, non-animal cruelty stuff.

Finally, thank you to my lovely followers (I think I have about 40 - it's hard to tell with the overlap between Friend Connect and Google+) especially for putting up with all the changes I've made to this blog >_<;

So that's a quick look at last year and the new year. What does everyone else have planned? Anyone else looking to join Bat Fit?

3 comments:

  1. So that's what happened to you! your other blog was private for a while, so I thought you just went all private. Blah...disquis...I absolutely hate disquis and logging in every time to post a comment. Well I'm excited to read your blog again... i see I have a number of posts to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep! I'm sorry about the sudden disappearance. I really should have left the original blog there with a redirect link.

    About disqus, I chose it because the normal blogger comments are a bit... Well, annoying. If you want to check for a reply, you have to tick that little box, and then you get EVERYONE'S comments. Do you know an alternative? Is Google+, for example, a better choice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm probably the only person who doesn't like disquis... Seems to be working fine with our blogmates. You can ignore my whining. I don't want to tie my other social media with blogging is the main reason.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...