Saturday, 10 January 2015

50 Gothy Blog Prompts † Part 2

And, finally, here's part 2! Part 1 can be found here. Part 3 still to come.

1. Do a "Lately" post of what you've been posting on other websites, like Pinterest, Goodreads, Twitter, or Tumblr.
My Twitter tends to be reserved purely for my activist/social justice/raging greenie stuff. Tumblr consists of pretty pictures, cats and Welcome to Nightvale fanart (there's a link under the picture of the white cat at the top of the blog).

2.Dedicate an entire post to your favorite Goth song. Post a link to it, transcribe the lyrics, or talk about why you like it so much.




3. Share plans for Halloween or another holiday. 
I've started preparing for next year's Halloween. It falls on a Saturday night, so there is little excuse for anyone not to attend if I invite them ^;...;^

There will definitely be campy horror movies. Vampire cocktails. Possibly a jack-o-lantern. I'll have everyone dressed up, even if it's just all in black and we'll play Uno with the Monster High set I have. Or maybe I will have a Goth card game by then.

4. Take a stance: what makes someone a Goth? 
Hm. Well, the way they dress is a big one for me. It's not the be all and end all, but it makes them easier to spot. There also has to be some kind of morbid interest, I think. The music is not really that much of an issue for me, although if their playlist consists entirely of Miley Cyrus or something, then I'm unlikely to consider them a goth, no matter how black their lipstick.

5.Write about an article of clothing you've been wearing a lot lately. Post pictures.
Ugh taking pictures

I'll just ramble instead. I have been wearing... my boots, my lovely $20 fake Docs from Target, a lot. They're shiny and great and I have so many people say 'wow, Docs? They look really good!'

The only problem is they are slightly too large, and the size below was slightly too small, so I compensate with chunky insoles.

6. Review an old DIY you did. Is it still holding out? What, if anything, would you change if you were to do it again?

Well, I made a skirt out of ties, and I still have it. It looks great... except for the fact that it's rainbow coloured.

I think I was on some 60s hippy kick at the time because I wanted RAINBOWS! SPARKLES!, which I now have. The skirt is made of about 12? ties each one a different colour.

If I did that again, I would make the skirt out of black ties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...